Philadelphia Wedding Invitations:
If you have recently been engaged and begun planning your wedding, then you have probably realized that you will need to hire a company to create your wedding invitations. You may not know where to begin, that’s understandable. This simple guide was established to give you the basic information necessary to hire a company to provide your wedding invitations. If you follow this guide it will be a simple process.
First of all you will need to find local companies who create wedding invitations. The most useful tool you have at your advantage is the internet. Search engines are good at helping you differentiate good companies, from the bad ones. This is due to the fact the most search engines provide reviews on businesses and companies. If a company has various bad reviews do not consider them an option, the top of your list should be the companies with the highest customer feedback. There are also a lot of businesses on the internet who create wedding information it might be worth checking out.
The next thing you will need to do is determine a budget. Wedding invitations can get quite expensive, so it is important that you leave your options open. You may be able to get the same quality for a discounted price at a different company.
Now you will want to determine how you want your invitations to look. The possibilities are endless! Some different styles include vintage, modern, rustic, classic, formal, whimsical, photo, and the list goes on! You will need to decide what the invitations will say. You will also need to decide on a print technique. Some examples are foil stamped, laser cut, letterpress, and thermography. You will need to choose envelopes and stamping as well.
Once you have figured out how you want your invitations to look go visit the companies, explain to them your desires and have them make you an example invitation. You can compare invitations between companies and decide which you like best.
When choosing a company to create your wedding invitations, there is so much to consider. This simple guide was created to give you the basic information on wedding invitations. If you follow this guide finding a company to provide your invitations will be simple! Fortunately for you Philadelphia has various companies for you to choose from, go and check them out!
The experts at Pa-py-ri give some tips on preparing to order your invitations.
1. Create your guest list in excel format – this will make it easier to track RSVP’s, submit addresses for envelopes and escort cards to a printer, track meal selection and get an accurate guest count. Not good in Excel? Reach out to your Bridal Party to help – that’s what they are there for!
2. Figure out how many invitations you need. This is not the same as “number of guests”. You will have many couples who only need one invitation, some families of 2+ that require one invite, single guests that need one invite, etc.
3. Research wedding invitation pricing, and make sure you are realistic with you stationary budget. You will need to know how much per invitation suite you can afford to pay and should not forget the little things that make a difference in the end:
Any invite weighting over 2 ounces will cost more in postage
Any exact square invitation costs more to mail
Very fragile invites may need to be hand stamped by USPS – they charge for this service
For postcard RSVPs you can use a postcard stamp (costs less)
4. Make decisions:
Prefer horizontal or vertical layout?
Envelope vs. postcard RSVP?
What other info do you need to include/collect in your invite:
RSVP date (consult your caterer and subtract one week to contact anyone who did not RSVP)
Hotel/accommodation info for guests?
Collect dietary restrictions from guests?
Collect a head count for a shuttle service?
Collect babysitting interest?
Song requests from guests?
List a wedding website?
1. Get carried away and overspend past your budget. Brides regret this in the long run.
2. Choose your wedding colors until you have researched and looked at bridal party dresses. Brides have been known to choose and change their colors based on the dress selection they find.
3. Forget to order a wedding invitation for yourself. Out of all your guests you will cherish your invitation the most!
4. Be afraid to put “elbow grease” into your wedding details. Your guests will notice the (sometimes time consuming) effort you put into your special day!
Don't see your event listed?
Don't worry, because we're able to provide our services to any event, schedule, or itinerary. Give us a call when you're ready to book your unique event!